In collaboration with BeBeez Leanus has published, for each region of Italy, the analysis of the companies that collect their receivables, on average over 180 days
|Region||average sample collection times (days)||average payment times (days)||Equivalent of 30 days Customer Credits|
|Trentino-Alto Adige / Süd Tirol||285||150||51 million|
|Basilicata, Calabria, Molise||274||236||110 million|
|Emilia Romagna||247||165||298 million|
|Friuli-Venezia Giulia||237||333||38 million|
|Aosta Valley / Aosta Valley||N/A||N/A||N/A|
The analysis was conducted by Leanus for BeBeez on the 2016 financial statements already filed (over 75% of the total) of SMEs with revenues between 2 and 50 million euros.
The in-depth analysis shows the different profiles of the companies in the sample and allows us to identify the different causes that can determine such a high index value. Some examples:
- Presence of problem and undervalued loans. In such cases it is advisable to analyze the trend of the index (in fact its constant growth could indicate an effective impossibility to collect the receivable over time) together with the net income and the available assets (if not sufficient to absorb any loss due to of the devaluation
- Contentious. In such cases there should not be a progressive increase in the index, but a growth in the period following the one in which the event occurred and subsequent stabilization in the following periods. In such cases, the reading of the explanatory notes can confirm the hypothesis or not
- Dependence / low bargaining power towards its customers. In such cases, the value of the index should be constant over time, as the average collection times represent a structural feature of the company business.
- Low or reduced trading abroad. Generally, in fact, the payment habits of foreign customers are much better than those of Italian companies.
- Increase in turnover over the end of the year. In fact, it should be remembered that the indicator is based on year-end data and that they are therefore influenced by transactions recorded over the previous year. In such cases it is necessary to compare the value of the indicator with that of previous years