Leanus automatically generates an "inertial" business plan, which is used to evaluate a company's ability to repay debt without any user input. However, in most cases, the automatic assumptions made by the software may not be sufficient to accurately represent the specific situation of the company or simulate future scenarios. Therefore, actively developing a business plan is an activity that professionals in the sector must be able to carry out with the utmost competence.
Developing a business plan can be a complex process, but by following these steps you will be able to get a good basis for your project:
- Define your goal: The business plan should help define your business goal, such as opening a clothing store or starting a consulting business.
- Do market research: It's important to know the market you want to operate in, including trends, competitors and potential customers.
- Describe your product or service: You must explain in detail what you will offer to your target audience.
- Establish your marketing strategy: You will need to define how you intend to promote your product or service, for example through online marketing or social media advertising.
- Create a financial plan: You will need to calculate the costs of your business and forecast how to generate income.
- Draw up an operational plan: you will need to define how you intend to run your business, such as the number of employees you will hire and how you will manage your inventory.
- Write your business plan: summarize all the information gathered in a coherent and easy to read document. Be sure to also include a section about your team and your long-term goals.
- Review and update your business plan: Your business plan should be a dynamic document that evolves with your business. Make sure you review it regularly and update it to keep it consistent with changes in the market and your business.
The Leanus Business Plan module is a financial planning tool that allows you to develop the Business Plan of a company, whether it is already existing or a startup, and to verify its impact both in stand-alone mode and integrated into the company reality. With the Business Plan module it is possible to enter hypotheses for the future and possibly add further accounting periods. At the time of updating, Leanus takes into account the hypotheses entered and processes the Income Statement, the Balance Sheet and the Cash Flow Statement in real time, in addition to the ratios, the Break Even, the DSCR extension, the Leanus Score, future Equity and Enterprise Value, and an extensive library of numerical and graphical analysis. To use the Business Plan module, it is necessary to access an existing analysis or create one from scratch and enter the hypotheses. It is important to consider that the module processes depreciation and investments on the basis of the hypotheses entered and provides for various checks to highlight any anomalies. Furthermore, the module allows you to account for a divestment by making the appropriate adjustments in the item "Net Adjustments to Goodwill and Net Equity". You can also use advanced adjustments to run simulations on historical accounting data, such as the impact of a change in working capital, and save different scenarios for later recall. Finally, the module allows you to integrate the business plan slides into the presentation template via the Presentation/Configure Presentation menu.
What is important to know to make the best use of the Business Plan module?
You can enter any assumptions without an order default used the income statement and balance sheet menus
By clicking on the button “Update”, the entire analysis model (CE, SP, RF, Indices, etc) is automatically updated
If the data relating to the last period of the historical data do not allow to complete the Sources-Employment Scheme, the business plan cannot be processed (red dot and layout of the Source-Employment Balance Sheet
You can process the Business Plan Monthly
You can use advanced adjustments
You can Save several scenarios and call them back later
You can integrate business plan slides into your presentation template (via Presentation Menu / Configure Presentation
The Statutory, the Financial Statement OIC, the Crisis indicators and the entire analysis model is also available for the Business Plan data after each update
Download the pdf here with all the information to be able to develop your Business Plan in the best possible way.
When to use the Business Plan Form?
- To process the Business Plan of a company that has an accounting history
- To develop the Business Plan of a Startups
- To elaborate a Project Plan and verify its impact both in stand-alone mode and integrated into the business reality
- To carry out Simulations on historical accounting data (Eg. Impact deriving from changes in working capital, etc)
- To elaborate a Monthly Budget
How does it work?
To use the Business Plan module you need:
Log in to an analysis or create a new one (for example for startups)
Log in to Business Plan / Income Statement Numerical Analysis
Insert the hypothesis
If necessary add additional accounting periods
With each update Leanus takes into account the inserted hypotheses (in input or correction) and processes in real time the Income Statement, the Balance Sheet and the Cash Flow Statement.
The module also processes the indices, the Break Even, the DSCR extension, the Leanus Score, the future Equity Value and Enterprise Value together with a large library of numerical and graphical analysis.
il Cash value is obtained as a result of the various simulations inserted (it is an output)
se the last period of historical data (Budget Analysis module) has a duration of less than 12 months, the first period of the Business Plan is automatically proportioned to 12 months
il value of the Cost of Personnel it can be inserted at the bottom of the Income Statement table and affects the value of Fixed Production Costs (see the notes on Leanus)
il value of financial charges it can be inserted at the bottom of the Income Statement table and influences the value of the Financial Management (see the notes on Leanus)
Depreciation and investments they are elaborated on the basis of the inserted hypotheses and foresee various checks that possibly highlight anomalies
account for a divestment make sure to make the appropriate adjustments in the last year of the balance sheet in order to redistribute any accumulated depreciation fund in tangible and intangible fixed assets which must be accounted for, for the purposes of the Business Plan, at net value.
Read carefully the notes on the side of the various labels to obtain more information and operating instructions
To test the functioning and the logic of the Business Plan or to elaborate the Business Plan of a "Startup", upload an accounting situation with all values equal to zero for the last period (Ex. Using the L1 model)
What are the main processes, the outputs present in the Business Plan Module and the main functions
- Projection of economic, equity and financial data
- Civilistic Scheme and Scheme AQR extension 1 (processed using proprietary methodology)
- Balance sheet indices
- KPI Sectoral
- Calculation of bankability ratios e DSCR extension Perspectives
- Warning system indicators (Crisis Code)
- Covenants management
- Prospective Leanus score
- Calculation of the future rating
- Calculation of the future Company Value
- Graphic library exportable in pdf, png, jpeg
- Accounting prospectus and tables exportable in excel
- Creation of Basic Analysis in real time
- In-depth analysis creation in real time
Operating procedures are available on the following pages. Use the "Search field" of this Manual to search for the contents of your interest
The Business Plan Form allows you to draw up a business plan over an annual * period o monthly.
Is it possible to analyze a Business Plan drawn up by the company with Leanus and carry out "stress tests"?